Monday, March 17, 2008

Everybody poos...sometimes



This pic is, yes, you guessed it! A poo pic. He asked me to take it & I figured I would post it to say, "Yea!" He's pooping most every day now. We are really proud of him. It has been a long road with L. and poo. He's been off & on since he was 20 months...holding it in for a week a time here & there. When we moved here, Dr. Lin told me "his colon is enlarged & he is full of poop." Yea. I've done so many things with or for him. We've talked about how, why, when one poos. He's read tons of books, watched movies, done charts, had parties,...you name it; we've done it. Finally, around age 3 , something clicked. He stopped peeing in the floor (only to tell me, "ah, mom, I peed...[like he cared]). My wonderful sister-in-law, Leslie, nurse pract. in Nashville, recommended that we "sit him on the potty for at least 10 min. a day," and that worked for us. It took up to 45 min sometimes, now he's good for only a few min. & then a poop. Anyway, we are thankful for our little guy...& cheer like mad every time he goes!

1 comment:

Jackson said...

YEAH, I'll share the great news w. Jerrod! I am sure he's gonna be VERY proud of L...
Love y'all.
~Kate