Friday, August 8, 2008

School Days














Mr. Scott was a fav. & the playground was a huge hit as well! :)


School days were not what we expected. Langston started part-time (2 days a wk.) this summer. We visited 3 times during the school year & he seemed to be nothing but excited (on Open House day he told me to leave!).
Then came the "real deal." He cried pretty much everyday (not all day long, but sometimes every time they changed activities. That was SUPER tough on L. , as well as mom & dad. I called everyday around lunch to check on him. We concluded the worst part was nap time w/o mommy, so we'll begin half days in the fall. (He'll nap at home again.) I will say that although I was sad that he was sad, it was a break from saying, "shhh! Sister's asleep! Don't put boogers on her head!," as well as attempting to give both kids my undivided attention while getting anything else done (I still have yet to scrapbk my pregnancy or finish Thank Yous). Sometimes just daily chores are a task with both babies underfoot.

One of the other wonderful things about pre-school was all the activity L. got to do (things that I am not able to undertake at this moment!). They did a unit on "pond life" this summer which included building a pond (from digging in dirt to putting in the fish), lily pad cupcakes (all the baking by kids), frog counting games, walking field trips to local ponds & marshes, live "pets" who live in ponds, & all kinds of other stuff. He came home filthy, worn out, & telling all kinds of tales on the days he went to school. :) OH, and I cannot do a post like this wo mentioning Ms. Ann. She was wonderful to help L. through his sad, "mommy missing" times. I know that she held him a lot & he missed her when she was gone. When I asked her about his day, she always told me how he seemed to "feel," which I liked bc I knew she was paying attention to what he wasn't saying. Insightful people are usually also attentive people & I felt like she & Scott were both. Scott once told me that Langston was "okay until he sits down & thinks about where he is (& where you are)." L. & one other little "thinker" were having the same mommy-missing issue. Playing wonderfully one min.; remembering, "Oh! My mommy's not here!" the next. We are hoping for a better fall since he claims to be missing school already! :)














Langston made many new friends. Elana, pic in the semi-blurry pic was his fav.
Madeline is an "old friend." Although she was in the "baby class" (0-2...she'll be 3 in the fall), he loved to play w. her on the playground. Her parents are super...fellow Gators. :)

2 comments:

Bekki said...

YAY for L!! I bet that is fun for him. But I can understand him missing you soooo much.
Reminds me of when I did daycare at Mars Hill! Such sweet/hilarious memories!!

Jessie said...

Oh, I didn't realize L. had such a hard time with the summer class thing. Sweet kid. It looks like they did some fabulous activities!
Calvin's just fine without me unless something makes him cry. Then he can't stop until Mommy comes.
We only have the option of half days for Pre-K here, probably a good thing. We go to an open-house tomorrow, I'm nervous and excited.