Friday, April 3, 2009

workin' woman


my current tiny boss & I pose in our jeans & jackets :) photo by the 4-yr-old boss


I talked to a friend, Catherine, the other day about subbing for some classes (yoga/pilates) at the Y & she talked me into asking about it. So, today, after my pilates class I asked my instructor, Sara, if she ever needed a sub. Her reply was, "Yeah, for Wednesday." Well, that wasn't exactly what I expected! After meeting with my possible new boss (& breastfeeding my current smallest boss, while checking in with my 4-yr-old boss), I determined that I might start teaching pilates on Wed.!
There is also a possibility that I'll have a few more classes this summer (Zumba, Body Burn...) when the college kids go home. Nothing is for sure & I want B to be able to trade off with me so that the kids don't spend 6-10 hours a week in the Y childcare, but I'd LOVE to teach & have a few hours with grown-ups. My current bosses are the loves of my life, but it's nice to have a small break from all that cleaning, poo, playing, reading, finger sweeping, etc. :) S-a-h moms everywhere give me a virtual "amen!"

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Amen! :) It's always nice to have a little adult time!

Singlemomma said...

Must let me know when/what you teach...I wanna come! I need a friendly face to kick my butt back into shape.

Jessie said...

Amen. I'm impressed, exercise mama!

I'm feeling especially fat and gross - wish I could join you.