Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Langston: quotes, art & wrestling (?)

Here's a drawing of a boy, shaking with fear, because he's riding a lion who keeps growling (hence all the RRRRRs). :)

And here's a "Rocky story" for y'all:

I think Rocky is already old or not old & still a kid or not a kid anymore. This other Rocky was out there & the toys were there & the other Rocky played with them bc my Rocky forgot to take them with him when he grew up. *He (my Rocky) had a book that he loved so much. He took it with his favorite stuff. This bk was about dinos. He had another thing. That thing was a scribble mouse. You scribble it & it makes the mouse better. It's for kids. It's called experiment.

Leo, my brother & friend, came to visit the other Rocky. Leo watched "Where's Bird?" You try to find Bird, Peekaboo Pig...I hate that movie bc it's like a baby movie. He always watched it. He watched Baby Bam Monster. It's not really for babies. It might scare them. It's a 3-d movie. I loved it. At Rocky's house there are 3-d movies with glasses. Rocky had a thing. It was a huge sunglasses & the computer screen was one eye of the glasses & the other was for the other one. So, it was like glasses withthe thing sticking all the way to the back, but Rocky didn't really love all these toys, only sometimes he played with. They were for a huge Big Bird, which grew huge when you shook it. Rocky's still a kid.

I typed all this as he talked. It was a challenge. ;) He's asking if my fingers are "studdy" (Thanks, Uncle Logan!:) from all that typing. I wish I could convey the cuteness of his "Wocky" sounding stories. There are so many words that are mispronounced into toddlerese. I love it.

So, here are a few cutenesses of recent days....

"Mom, I really love Zora's cheeks. God did a good job making them. I think he put in cotton balls bc they are so big and soft and puffy."

"Here's my drawing. I meant to draw a pig, but it's a bird now bc I accidently added a pecker." (Yes, I laughed SOO hard! He meant "beak" and we usually use the word "penis" around here.)

And, finally, at our parent-teacher conference yesterday we learned that big L. has gained two inches (401/2" right now) and gained 5 lbs. (37 lb.). He's moving on along with all his academic skills & has done much better interacting with the children (not just the teachers & the quiet kids)this semester. He's also wrestling (!) & sometimes they pull him off of other kids & remind him that he needs to make sure that the child wants to wrestle, too. Barclay and I were both laughing as we were hearing this. Langston? Our Langston? He has made a few new (guy, rough) friends & the teachers think that has spawned this behavior. Also, they do pull out mats & promote some rough & tumble, so he isn't just jumping on an unsuspecting classmate. ;) Still, it's funny that my guy is participating in this activity. I guess his "daddy tackle" game has spurred a fearless streak. :)

2 comments:

The Penter Family said...

Kids say the funniest stuff! You can tell L that God made Colton's cheeks out of cotton too!

Leigh said...

I love the Rocky story! What a great imagination!