Saturday, April 18, 2009

our Zora fiesta...cha, cha, cha!


Sorry mom! She would NOT keep the hat on at all!
Olivia reading to Amir...I think they took turns. :)
Zora interested in both Madeline & the stacker.
Langston, Andrew, & Zachary playing with the ball thingie.
These two are out of order...we switched to the pink (carrot) cupcake because...
all the "big" kids kept scraping the icing off the small cake. (But I don't think Zora cared.)



We partied hard, folks. :) Above are the "most important guests" (minus baby Benjamin & baby Amelia, who are too small to crawl around & into a picture :) Thanks to all who came! We had fun celebrating our baby girl & spending the late morning/early afternoon together.
Zora is now on nap #2 (actually everyone is napping but me...darn insomnia...I tried!). She had naps, cake (for the 1st time), played with "big kids," & noshed on some delish hummus (Yum, Tim!) & bean burritos. What a great 1st birthday!
*Disclaimer for my fellow germ phobs...after most of the small party guests sunk their sticky little fingers into Zora's mini cake, we removed it from her tray & served the un-touched parts to them. Z. got homemade carrot cake from Erin. I'm still praying I can keep this baby well for at least a few weeks!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Aw, happy birthday, Zora - you little darlin'.

It really is strange that an entire year has gone by and your baby is now a 1-yr-old.
Milo also had homemade carrot cake for his first birthday. He still LOVES fruits and veggies, so it totally applies to his little personality. I doubt very much that it was Milo's first cake, though. I'm not that good!

Bekki said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZORA!!!

Nina Long said...

Happy Birthday Z!!!!

DeWitt Family said...

Happy Birthday Zora! We miss you all so much! Hope you are doing well. Preston looks at your blog with me all the time! Keep me posted on how you all are doing!