Wednesday, April 1, 2009

hello? eyes?

Note that she has a pretend phone in one hand & a walkie-talkie in the other. Multi-tasker.

Zora is doing new things at an amazing rate right now! She recently began picking up any phone; her pretend phone, my cell, our home phone...and 'talking' into it. ;)
She also loves to comb or brush her hair...and Langston's! And when L & I dry our hair at night, she tries to take a turn. (In fact, I caught her with a comb in one hand and the dryer in the other...she's already learning how to "blow out" her locks...she'll be champion of the round brush by age 2, right?)

This past week she has also said, "uh-oh" as she dropped some food on the floor from her high chair (yea, it began). She's continued that one daily.

And...(here's a big one in my opinion), she was touching my eye lashes as we were laying in bed yesterday (while she was waking up/nursing from nap) & she touched her eye & declared, "eyes" in that sweet baby lisp! I then cheered for her & asked, "where is your mouth?" She opened her mouth & stuck out her tongue...so I had to say, "Yes! And that's your tongue!" When I asked, "where is your nose?" She grabbed my nose, but I think she gets it!
I've been pointing out these & all other parts for months, of course, but I think it's grand to see her locating them & talking about them a smidge shy of a year! Yeah, verbal Zora!!

3 comments:

Bekki said...

YAY!! You are going to have so much fun talking with your little girl. I like it that you posted her voice.

Brian, Glenda, Oliver & Madelyn said...

She is so cute! I love celebrating every single new sound and movement that Oliver makes. I can't wait to hear him say his first few words! Zora is adorable!

Nina Long said...

how sweet!!! Ty says momma and cat! He's starting to say dada but I pretend he didn't say it *haha*! Just kidding! Ty's thing is to point and grunt such a guy!!! *haha*