Thursday, April 2, 2009

Langston-n-Olivia

If Langston could be a girl...a red-headed, really sweet one with lots of personality...he'd be Olivia. This pal of his has been coming over to our house for playgroup for the past 3-4 weeks. We have really enjoyed getting to know her family. The dad is interested in the same history stuff that Barclay is interested in, the mom is so laid back & fun, & they just added a new baby to their fam, who is a sweet, smiley little guy.
But the similarities between L & Olivia are crazy. They are talkers** & dancers. They both have imaginary friends & poo problems (although ours seem to be over for the moment, thank you, God! What an answered prayer!).
We had "Easter basket cupcakes" as our craft this past playgroup. Here are the results of L & O's treats. And their same cheesy smiles. :)
**We overheard them telling each other how they liked to listed to a story-on-tape pre-nap or bedtime. Then Olivia says, "My mom turns the volume down." Langston replies, "OH yeah, I hate that!"

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Hilarious. And how nice to have found a good match for L.
I SOOO wish we could find an appropriate friend for Cal. There are a couple sweet 3-year-olds around, and though he likes them, they're really not that stimulating for the poor kid. And he comes home from preschool talking like a baby - which is driving me crazy.
I don't know what to do, except kidnap you guys and haul you to Utah... OK, maybe too rash. I suppose we'll just have to move wherever you move next.

Jesse said...

Awesome! Is there a way to download this photo? Or could you send me a copy? Too cute! I love their conversations. I just want to eavesdrop on them all the time. So seriously, when everyone in each household is better (is that possible?-B and I are fighting something now)we are having you guys over. We are gone for much of the summer so we have to get some visiting in soon. We could host playgroup next week if you like. Let me know what you think. Way to go with your blog! You seem to have endless energy.