Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seriously brrrr!

Zora playing in (eating, touching, licking) some snow. :)
This was one of Barclay's favorite Christmas gifts. It looks funny to have the Gators logo covered in snow! Oh well, Chomp, Chomp! National Champs again!
"I'm going to thwrow 'dis on you, mom!...Scwream, okay?," said my little long hairs.
This one is funny to me bc they both look like they've been holding smiles for a while! Ha, ha!
I like this one bc Zora wasn't unhappy, but she kept looking at Langston for reassurance...as if to ask, "what is she doing to us?"
and finally...snow angels made by my little angels :)

Those pix were taken several days ago. Warmer temps (20s) & happier outdoor times. We've been stuck inside for a few days now bc of the coldness. School is actually cancelled today...and not one of those Southern cancellations (it might snow today...school opens 1 hour late :). This is actually frightening to me. I don't even want to get the kids out to go to the store. Here's the weather for us as I type this...



Sunny
-14°F
Feels Like
-39°F
Updated Jan 15 08:25 a.m. CT

UV Index: 0 Low
Wind: From W at 18 mph
Humidity: 69%
Pressure: 30.72 in.
Dew Point: -20°F
Visibility: 10.0 miles


And we have a "wind chill warning"...as in "don't go outside or you'll freeze your parts off!" Whew!

3 comments:

Mrs. Britton said...

Holy Moly!!!! That is crazy. You guys need to get to a warmer climate and fast! Glad to see the kids have some appropriate clothes for the snow :)

Bekki said...

OH WOW!!! Yeah...my 9 degrees is a joke compared to that mess you are dealing with! But still...anything under freezing is the Arctic Circle to us southern women!
I like the hold smile pose pic too - funny. Z is looking older - sweet.

Jessie said...

Wow, that is hideous coldness. I don't think it got quite that bad while I was in Ames. Whew! Hang in there. Spring will come!