Monday, January 19, 2009

finga' foods



This post is a cut out from an old magazine. I thought it was brilliant, not to mention beautiful. I've had a few moms ask me about healthy snacks for their tiny ones, so here's a fridge poster for y'all.

To Mel, my mom, & all other caregivers of small people who are too tiny for uncooked veggies, but think they are too big for strained peas. Let them eat smallish pieces of well-cooked or smooshy (& healthy) stuff! Cheers, babies!
ps) does anyone else blog with their babies on their laps? Zora has almost deleted two of my posts today. :)

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Those are great! I've probably given my babies most of those things, but when you're in the middle of a crazy day, sometimes you think: What in the world can I give this kid? It's awesome to have a poster nearby for reminders. Thanks!

Sarah said...

I really like the pics. I also remember those days of mild panic trying to think of something good to give Aurelia.

One thing I might warn about is giving corn too early - it made her bottom very irritated passing through whole, and she hardly ever has any irritation. Whole peas can do the same thing - even smooshed, they can't chew the outer membrane. Just watch for the membranous veggies and see if any of it bothers baby.

What mag is this from?

melanie said...

thanks Sonya! i wrote it all down! :)

I love your blog! where did you get this cute design???

miss ya