Thursday, September 18, 2008

We miss you already, DeWitts!

Langston & Preston at Jen's house...a boyband in the making! The hair dos are the best!!
Just another day of chalk, balloons, & not wanting to go inside. :)


I've gotta' give a shout out to my pal, Jennifer. We were neighbors, buddies, & moms who found each other waaaaaay too late. (We lived only a couple of houses down from one another, but didn't even know it for the better part of a year!) Once we met, we called & hung out within less than a week (pretty fast movin' after a first date!). Sometimes, it's tough to find a great mommy friend. I feel like society sets us up to hate on one another through all the "stay-at-home vs. work outside the home" mommy battles. The truth is we are all doing the same things...above all loving our children. I am thankful for all the different type mom friends I have. We all have our own way of doing things. I glean wisdom from one mom as I disagree with another, but that's life.
My friendship with Jen is one of the most fun kind bc we shared a lot in common, so we could tease each other about our over-protective ways, joke about never getting to scrapbook again, feel mutual remorse with the extra baby weight still hanging (all) around, all while watching our boys hop around (& sometimes hug & kiss...they were alike, too). We hope you will be blessed in Indiana. We'll miss y'all, Jen, Preston, & Chase!! We love you!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I feel the same way. It is hard to find a mommy friend you feel comfortable enough to have over and just chat with, AND who's kids blend with yours. I haven't found that here yet, well maybe a little, but no one who I feel comfortable calling all the time and having over at the drop of a hat. Our neighbors are pretty great, but it's mostly the kids who enjoy each other so.
I hope you find more mommies like that. I sure miss you.