Tuesday, September 9, 2008

family nap


Our after-lunch routine consists of me trying to get Zora down 1st so that I can read to Langston (& have a moment of one-on-one time) for 10 min. or so. Sometimes it works. When it does work, I put Z. in her crib in my room & let L. fall asleep with me in my bed. (Usually Z. wakes up an hour or so later & I nurse & rock her back down. She takes a pretty long [3-4] hour afternoon nap bc she's such a catnapper in the a.m. OH! And I leave her in the bed with brother for her last part of nap sometimes...that's how I got those cute pix. Don't worry, I check on them constantly when they are in bed together! I also think almost 20lb. Zora could handle most things that 32lb. Langston could do.)
So, this is L's drawing of our "nap time" or "family nap," as we sometimes call it. **Notice dad's running cap & bike helmet hanging from the bedpost. That does not please mommy.** Mom is reading to Langston. Langston is "covered up with blankie & saying, 'ahhhhh.'" Zora is asleep in her crib. "Peace is taking a nap," as Todd Parr writes in The Peace Book. :)