Thursday, September 18, 2008

Langston "the crafter" Key


Um, yes, that would be Sharpie all over my kid in the top picture. (He's on the potty bc he's about to get a soak...an attempt to scrub...with baking soda & dove soap...all this marker off!) This event took place as I was cleaning up, holding Zora, & on the horn with my funny pal, Bekki, who had just mentioned that she had a funny thought, "the only way I can get out of working this job is to have a kid." Seriously, Bekki!! Ahhhh! Has being my friend taught you nothing?! I won't rant here b'c her love, Ryan, is gone & I'm sure she's lonely, but trust me, unless you feel like you are about to burst if you don't have a child...like you are thirsting for a baby like a stranded person in a desert thirsts for water...don't give it another thought! (This goes for you, too, Cassie, & all my other childless girlfriends! Kids are the best, most time & life-consuming "things" ever. You'll love them so much it hurts, but sometimes it also hurts in other places: your wallet, your watch, your love life, your sleep schedule, & have I mentioned your figure?) When you are "dying" for a baby, they are the sweetest gift from God, but if you aren't "there" in life, don't do just because you are "sick" or "bored" with work. They are work!
And now, on to my L-town. He's a hoot. Here he is with his snails. Yes, snails. He loves any insect, slimey thing, etc. They are learning about insects in school right now, so he's having a blast. I also must post this thought that I shared with Bekki about L.
He loves to sing, dance, act, draw, read, & craft, among other things. I might have made a mistake by doing SO much of this with him daily before Zora, because now he goes into "craft withdrawls" sometimes. I really think he's addicted to crafting. (Yes, Debi, laugh at me now! :) He will beg to do "just one cwaft" some days. When he gets to do one, he tapes in somewhere in the house, or waits till Barclay comes home (& sometimes tells B. to take it to his office, which he does.:) When he actually works up tears if I cannot craft with him I sometimes think...
"This is my kid. This is my kid on craft. Any questions?"

3 comments:

Bekki said...

Hello!!! I wasn't serious!!

Note to readers: FUNNY friend Bekki.

I was being funny.

Now go tend to your craft addicted son. Like I said...if you just ignored him like most mommies then this wouldn't be an issue. LOL (again...just being funny)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Other slimy things that are cool?...worms!! Maybe you should consider doing a worm bin and turn your garbage into great fertilizer for your little garden spot. L would love feeding the worms! Anyway, I'd have one if I could find a spot... http://theherbgardener.blogspot.com/search?q=worm

Aren't little boys so much fun!!