Friday, September 5, 2008

Staycation




This post is a few weeks late! This year was a year of little funds & a big addition to our family. Therefore, we decided against our original plan of hanging out in Chicago for a weekend & went with a "staycation" or "Family Day 2008," as L. & I named the day.
We began the day with "Bee Movie," followed by a family lunch. Then it was off to the carpet golf course for all. Barclay & Langston golfed. Zora ate. I fed. Post-golf was a family nap. And the evening ended unfortunately with zero pools open to swim in. Oh well! A couple of "extra" computer minutes for L., "extra" stories, & a bath made up for the loss...somewhat. It was a fun, family-filled day. :) ps) please don't enlarge the pic of "the girls"...the teenaged acne fairy has been visiting me a lot lately. *sigh*

3 comments:

Jessie said...

So sweet! I wouldn't have even noticed your "teenage-ness" had you not mentioned it, you silly girl. You look gorgeous, as always!

Nina Long said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I can totally relate to the little funds situation. Being a single mommy is hard on the bank account. You look great! If I looked like that with no make-up I would not ever wear it. I would scare the daylights out of someone if I didn't cake it on! *ha* Love you girl!

Joni said...

Ok, the acne fairy wasn't that bad to you! But I feel your pain...I've had worse skin in my 20's than I did when I was in my teens!