Sunday, October 25, 2009

Zora Gwendolyn at 1and a 1/2


I am so thankful for my lovely lady. Her personality is much different than big brother's and that's a fun thing. They play together pretty well (even with the 3 yr., 4 mth. age gap), in part due to their personalities. Langston is, as Byron aptly described once "an old soul." He's mature, concerned (to the fault of worry) & a natural caregiver. Zora is a bit less of a worried small person. She's a little more friendly & gets to know folks more quickly. I think they both have amazing personalities & I'm enjoying watching them develop. :)

Speaking of developing...Zora has cut 4 teeth in the past 6 weeks of Poland! That gives her a grand total of "all but the 2 yr. molars." :) She also has had 2 colds; 1 quickly passing, the other passing through everyone but L, and a wicked diaper rash. (small aside story: the 2nd time we went to church I asked someone who spoke English there was a dr. in the house. she said, "yes" & introduced me to an obgyn, whom I immediately requested to look at Z's vagina...hey, they had a changing table in the next room! he laughed at me, but said yes. he looked & prescribed meds, then went to get the meds & gave me his cell # to call if she didn't improve in the next few days! how's that for church family! 'excuse me, brother, could you help my child's privates?'...ha, ha. only me, I know.)
anywho, back to big Z.
She talks like crazy--repeating things if we say, "can you say__?". She knows all her parts of the body, some colors, letters, & signs. She mostly likes to sign foods & animals. She calls almost all fruit "apple," but that might have something to do with an apple being her fav fruit (like her mama). And she digs peanut butter (again, like mama).
She says "don't know" with her little chubby hands out when asked questions like, "where is mommy's hairbrush?" She likes to hide things. She'll play with anything (like brother), which has come in handy here while traveling overseas. She loves "babies." She strolls, nurses, feeds, rocks, sings to, etc. her babies (1 dark skinned, 1 light skinned). She still nurses a LOT, but even B. says that he couldn't imagine traveling as we have done without the comfort & nutrition of breastmilk. She LOVES to dress up. And boy this drives me nuts. It's cute, don't get me wrong, but the amount of clothes this kid drags out daily wears me out (okay, Mel, I finally understand).
She calls herself "Wuh-wuh" (L. calls her 'Zaaaah-wuh')and Langston is "Nane" or "Nanny" (with a long A sound)"...bc this is what he called himself at her age, so it's one of his many nicknames that have stuck. Elmo is 'Moe. Peek-a-boo is 'peek-boo. Any bodily function is "poo poo" & she will pee in the potty sometimes.
She is still a climber, a flirt, a fearless risktaker (have I mentioned that I've called posion control twice in her short 18 months, but never in L's almost 5 yrs.?) and an adorable blue-eyed mess. :0)

3 comments:

Bekki said...

She'll love reading through this later in life. :o)

mom said...

Sis,
I really enjoyed talking to Zora today!! She reminds me of you at this age. She is such a friendly sweet girl. PLEASE, get a web camera up and running so I can SEE Zora and Langston talking to me.
Love you,
Mom

Jessie said...

Such a cute update! And wow, does she sound different than our pal Langston. Isn't it fun to see what emerges from the gene pool? I love the differences in my boys! Some more than others.