Friday, December 5, 2008

Wood you?


I've been asked about my hard wood floor cleaning technique & supplies (no chemicals, but weekly sanitizing). So, here's my recipe.

1 capful of Murphy's Oil Soap (Veggie based)
about 1/4-1/2 cup of White Distilled Vinegar
1/2- 3/4 bucket full of warm water
lots of old towels or rags
a few rubber bands
a flat head mop (swiffer or some other kind)

Mix up the liquids. Dump several towels into the mixture. Wring out one towel at a time & fold it so that it fits onto the mophead. Rubber band the towel onto the mophead. Go to it!
Change towels as needed. (I use one side of the towel, then flip it...wiping up any excess crumbs or yuckies with a washcloth each time I flip the towel. I usually use one side of the towel per room. In our living room or bedroom, I use the whole towel since there's a lot of floor.)

Go forth & clean chemical free!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Man, I'm embarrassed at how often I (don't) clean my wood floor. OK, ok, now I'll do it. Thanks!

Nina Long said...

I am going to try that! I use vinegar and water but I don't add the oil soap so I am going to try that this week!

Bekki said...

I have no idea why...but I feel compelled to say...

"Do what you oughta, Add the acid to the watta" - Mrs. Farina