Wednesday, November 12, 2008

which one is wright? white?


L-town & Madelyn on the day of the "Fock" happening...we also decorated Halloween cookies.

A few days ago L. was telling me yet another "Rocky" (sounds like "Wocky") story, when he got to a part about a man name Mr. Wright...or White, I still don't know. I tried to ask without making him upset (bc kids really hear themselves saying the word correctly.), but I never could tell what he was saying.
It reminded me of a story my friend Erin told me about her little Madelyn, who says "F" for all things "S." Madelyn was a little upset when another mom asked her about a "fool" bc she had clearly said, "fool!" (Stool, for those not fluent in Madelyn-ese.) I was horrified by my own studpidity when I was watching M. a few weeks ago & introduced her to the word "smock"...which came out as, you guessed it, "fock." Pretty close! Eeek! Her mom isn't mad at me, thankfully. ;) *oh, and another M. cute thing...she dubbed her new sis "Chocolate" pre-birth. I gotta' give her props; L. just went with one of names we didn't choose, Cecilia. (Btw, Nina & Georgia were the other runner-ups...Nina, I thought of you!)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Haha, we called Calvin "Chocolate Chip Charles" pre-birth. We figured we could go with Cha-cha-cha as a nickname.

Remember when Cal used to say the f-word for the word "frog"? That was classic.