Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama: Congrats, Cassie!



I think I'll end up posting around 4 different entries just to get all our stories & pix from the past few weeks out there! Here's the short of the long tale...one of my college roomies, Cassie, got married on November 1. She had asked me a long time ago to come as an honorary bridesmatron (I could just come & sit with her other honorary person, Kim, who just had the cutest twins); I couldn't do it b/c B. had a speaking engagement that weekend & I'd rather cut off my big toe than travel through Chicago with both kiddies by myself. Anywho...the more I thought about it, the more I felt like I really would be missing out to not be there for one of the best roomies, who I still talk to all the time...so...I decided to drive there by myself.
NO, no one let me get away with this madness! My parents drove up (thanks mom & dad!), then drove the kids & me back down for almost a week of fun, Southern hoopla at their place! It was Grrrreat! :) So, Congrats Cassie! I love you! Congrats, Brian! You got a super great partner for life! Thank you soooo much, family. I love you & I really did have an awesome time.
OH, and I didn't "alert the media" about this trip bc I wanted Cassie to be surprized...it worked! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sonya!!!

This is probably your third trip down that I have missed! :-( PLEASE alert me!!!! I would love for our babies to meet each other. I was just catching up on your blog, and I wanted to let you know about a book that I read, "Beauty Secrets of the Bible." If you are into completely natural skin care (and I am) you will love this book. I have been doing the cleansing routine that the author recommends for over two months, and my face has never looked or felt better. And everything is completely 100% natural (think oatmeal and honey natural). It's a small book - you could finish it in an hour. Love you!!!

Kelly

p.s. Are ya'll coming down for Thanksgiving? Just wondering....

Bekki said...

Those are great pictures! Cassie looks beautiful and I love your smile da da da da da da da da da...

I had a wonderful time with you and the little ones. I also liked talking w/ your parents and re-meeting funny Spence and handsome Dave. LOL xoxo