Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cassie's wedding



Cassie was my roommate twice. She turned off the alarm many-a-day as I slept through the buzz. She was my alarm. :) She convinced me to cut class (two years into college) for the first time (something I did rarely...I always loved the classroom...freak, I know). She often gave me little gifts (my Chestnut St. girls! We all did this sometimes...soymilk in the 'fridge, coffee, notes, messages on the dry board with our first initial by them). She told me when I dated crazy people. She told me when I should tell those people to stop phoning our apartment. We laid awake many nights talking about life: God, boys, beliefs, family, weight, food, make-up, clothes, me running around the apartment naked, her wearing sexy clothes, you name it. We enjoyed coffee trips & Christian Student Center retreats. She is the one roommate I can honestly say that I went into it thinking, "okay, I'll try" and came out thinking, "I just made a friend for life!" We still keep in touch & I hope we always do.
I love you, Cassie! I'm so happy for you. I knew your love would come. One of my favorite parts of your ceremony was seeing you walk down the aisle to "At Last," not only was it sexy & romantic, but it was exactly the way I know you feel about Brian. I hope God continues to bless both of you with gifts of love & understanding.

2 comments:

Bekki said...

Oh - that is a sweet post in reference to yours and Cassie's friendship.
She looks beautiful and very happy. I am glad she found her "ever after".
I STILL WISH I WOULD HAVE GONE!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for making the trip for me. Seeing you was absolutely awesome!! Love Ya!! Cas