Thursday, May 8, 2008

Utawlh & other Southern drawl



Langston has once again been working on his "states." His puzzle of the U.S. is one of his favs right now. He and I put it together, then he and Barclay worked on it. After his last U.S. puzzle session with dad, he came to me & told me, "Mom, Utah does NOT have an "L" in it!" He was shocked to find this out. Thanks to his sounding out with phonics combined with my Southern drawl...there is no tellin' (as I say) what my child is hearing me teach him on daily basis. Bless 'em. :)

2 comments:

Jessie said...

That made us laugh out loud. Utawl. I love it! He is so amazing...and correct.

When our Jewish friends visited, they called it Jew-tah, but that's another story.

Bekki said...

ahahaha! Thats how I'm gonna say it from now on. Especially when the Utahns are questioning where I am from.
Utawl. LOVE it!