Friday, May 2, 2008

Second week & all's well






















So far, some better. Zora is sleeping & nursing well (for some one only a few weeks old). I finally started sleeping okay. (I was having trouble falling asleep when she was asleep at night...that coupled with the maybe one, maybe zero nap during the day made for one exhausted & emotionally spent mom.) Things are getting better, but we are still taking it "one day at a time."
Barclay & Langston have had lots of "guy time" lately. Barclay took him to a fun zone (kinda' like Chuck E. Cheese) called "Going Bonkers" on Monday. They both had a blast. (We found out later that Rocky goes to "Going Bananas" and various other "Going __" places with his dad. L. has been filling Zora in on lots of Rocky stories lately. :) Langston has had a few emotional "missing mommy" moments, but on the whole he has done really well. He isn't acting out or showing any anger towards Zora, which would be my biggest no-no. He's having some "crying over small things" fits, various "baby acting" times, and a few "resisting dad" moments, but we're having conversations & punishing when needed. I'm trying to craft, play, read, reassure, and hold him when I can. I'm getting better at doing all kinds of things with him while nursing her! :) (I hear that's all part of the game...score one for mom.) We're really proud of our little guy.
On to the little girl...she's growing by the day...literally! My friend, Stacy, brought by some infant scales today and our little chicka topped out at almost 9 lbs. already! She's outgrowing some of the clothes that L. wore at 4 or 5 weeks. She's filling out, but also is taller than he was at this point. (I should mention that the scales weigh a kid up to 44 lbs., so I let L. hop on & he has grown, too. The man was 31 lbs.! :) That's up from the 28 that he held steady foreva'! He was excited. :)
The pics are of mommy feeding Z. (by L.), Langston's "dance" from this morning (think Olivia the pig...or Riverdance), my babies napping (I put Zora next to L. for the pic...they don't sleep this way really!), Langston holding "sister," a playzone from Going Bonkers, & my baby Zora...getting a big tummy & thighs. :) Enjoy, loved ones!

5 comments:

Bekki said...

Oh! It is so good to hear an update. I am sure you are doing everything just great - you are a great mommy. Zora is so precious! I am glad she is eating well...I pray that she is a good sleeper! L cracks me up in his leotards. Miss you and will talk to you soon.
xoxo

Singlemomma said...

Sonya ~ she is ADORABLE! Can't wait to meet her in person.

(It's Christine from playgroup. I'm pottymomma on blogspot....http://pottymomma.blogspot.com.)

It was nice seeing you and Langston today!

Jessie said...

Yep, she looks like yours! So adorable.
I'm glad you're doing well - I mean, it's a hard transition time no matter what - but you have a great attitude. I totally relate to the "I can't fall asleep" thing, and I'm so sorry it happens to you too. I'm glad it's gotten a little better.
Hello to L. and Z.!

Sarah said...

Zora is so cute. Look at that belly! She is very filled-out for being only 2 weeks old. Langston looks like he is really enjoying having his daddy home for a while and also spending time with baby sister. Thinking of you back in G'ville as we face another "summer of leaving" with 4 young-marrieds moving away by August - so sad to see them all go!!

ronda.w said...

She is sooo cute. I am so happy for y'all. I will pray for y'all with the sleep and for Mr. Langston. I know it will be hard for him.