Saturday, May 24, 2008

my midwife & little Zora


I went to my 5-week check-up last week. All's healed & I've lost about half of the Zora weight. I have experienced a different post-baby emotional roller coaster than last time. When I have a while to type (& think), I'll have to "tell" about it all. The other moms I have spoken to about it have either experienced something like it, or know someone who has. Most of my down times have been anxious & sleepless. I'm getting better & life is getting more calm, but this phase is still going full force. Prayers are always welcome. I'm attempting to get through all this without drug intervention (which hasn't been a-okay with my OBGYN...my midwife talked me through it much better), but I've never used anything mind altering before & I really don't want Zora to begin life on drugs...if at all possible. Once again, just as I said about C-sections vs. natural birth, sometimes medical intervention is necessary, but for now I'm trying life sans meds.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Hi Sonya! wanted to share that I had the same experience when my second child was born. I nursed and did everything the same, but I wasn't my normal self. Having 2 kids is very stressful (especially if you are a really good mom :0) I found that excercising on a regular basis really helped (it is okay to do when breastfeeding!) Also having a designated time for yourself each week really helps too :0) You will be in my prayers!

Jessie said...

Look at those cheeks!
I'm sorry you've had a hard emotional recovery.
I just tried taking a melatonin before bed, to help me get my sleep cycle back more naturally, and so far it's helping without making me feel drugged. I have no idea if that's ok to take while nursing, but it may be worth a try. Anyway, I'd be doing the same thing, as far as resisting drug intervention. Just be careful, my friend.
I'm happy to send some prayers your way! We sure love you.