Friday, April 11, 2008

Still here!


Here's another blog for the brave. Be warned. Body things are discussed here. Today my midwife examined me & the first thing she said was, "OH, honey! Your hemorrhoids!" (Thanks.) She continued to tell me which one(s) were worse. (Thanks, again.) I really do love this woman. I hope that she is there when little Zora comes into the world. And I do appreciate her sympathy. It's just painful to my pride that I look so wounded pre-labor. Post-labor, one can only expect to be a train wreck (I remember that even after a "good" labor with L, I felt like I had been in a car wreck the following day(s)). Still, I was about 4 cm dilated & 80%, if not more, effaced. So I said, "How in the world can I get this kid out without drugs?" She laughed and offered, "The same thing that got you in this mess will get you out! Only that's like gymnastics at this point, right? Sorry!" (Yea, me, too!) We discussed the option of breaking my water & then using the breastpump (if things aren't progressing). Although she thought that since small girl dropped even lower this week (my tummy is lying on my lap as I type), she'll come on with a tiny bit of aide. I am SO torn about it all. I do not want any drugs, so I'm against hooking myself up to the dreaded pit drip or whatever else, but I remember what it was like to walk, sit, & lie down semi-comfortably...it was nice. Well, Monday was the chosen day for the water breaking, so we'll see what happens. Thoughts and prayers, loved ones!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

You're 4cm?!! That's the beginning of active labor in the textbooks. She's got to come any second! Are you up for trying caster oil? My midwife said it works 85% of the time, if you're 3cm or more. Maybe it's worth a try. It didn't do much for me, but I was only 2 when I did it. It didn't even give me the dreaded "runs" more than one time. nice. Anyway - good luck. The end is so hard and seems SO long.

I did a natural birth with the pit drop and it was just fine. I hated that I was hooked up to it, but the delivery was ship-shape. Just some encouragement in that area, in case you need it. Hopefully you won't.

Come on, Zora!

Bekki said...

Shoot - gone are the hopes of her coming on my birthday. I guess I can handle an early Zora birthday present. Seriously, I hope she comes soon and you can be relieved of your painful hemorrhoids and the train wreck that you have become - lol. Poor baby. I love you so much and I will keep you in my prayers.