Saturday, April 5, 2008

Peas, please!




This installment is especially for women, moms, & men who can "handle" pre-labor/post-labor talk. Just a warning. My 37+ week appt. with my OB was yesterday. I was dilated to a 2-3 and effaced 80% (good guessing, Mel, on the "I'll bet she's so low that she's thinned you out."). Wonderful news!! (Except to my hubby, who freaked out...asking "what does that mean!?" In his defense, he's been hanging out w. L. while I have appointments, etc. And he plans to take a month off work, so he's trying to "get things done" before child #2 arrives.)
Come on, baby girl! I have had the most difficult time sleeping off & on for the past few weeks. This child is low...as in when my midwife tried to find her heartbeat last week, she said, "woa...this isn't bad, but her heart beat is inches lower than it 'should be' for this week! Fast labor! Don't wait to call me & then come in." Okay, fast labor sounds good. Especially since I still want to go without drugs. The faster, the sooner it's over...no matter if it is super tough (as some women have said of their quick labors).
I will say that the low-lying little girl is driving me nuts hanging out on my nerve, sometimes pressing so that I can't stand or walk well. Ouch. And lately...hemorrhoids. (Hence the title of the post...and the warning.) About 4 weeks after L. things were healing beautifully...except those jokers. Of course, they never completely go away (one could have surgery, so I've been told). But this kid & her pressure down low is giving me the post-birth kind already. Needless to say, I'm sitting on peas, warm heating pads, in a bath, using meds (I'm suppose to get a prescription one today), but alas, nothing helps for long. She's so low that hiccups vibrate my butt. Seriously, that's not funny. So, for the love of this mama...come on, little Zora bean!! **All prayers & petitions on behalf of a quick & wonderful labor, producing one healthy little girl coming soon are greatly appreciated! :)
ps) one of these pix could be titled, "Langston, could you touch mama's belly softly?" He was being funny. Ha, ha, kid. These pix took over an hour.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Let's see, here are my guesses on little Zora's arrival:

Birthdate: April 8
Weight: 7lbs 13 oz, and gorgeous

You look great! What a belly - love it.

melanie said...

I LOVE THE PICS. LOVE THEM! I know you do too. You look beautiful. Too bad you cant be a motherhood model. :)

L's pics are so sweet too. I would blow one of his up to a BIG pic and frame it in a black frame. So sweet.

Girl, I hear you on ALL the perrils of pregnancy. :) Even the "grapes of wrath"...if you catch my drift. HA!

I will be praying for Zora to come.

and please skip the Thanks you to me..I know you are thankful. :)

mel

Bekki said...

hottietottie!! You look fabulous. Can't wait to meet the little Zora toot toot.
Love you soooo!

alison said...

Wow! Those pictures are so great. I have a friend here who almost 3 months along, and she's nervous about looking fat - I sent her the link, so she can see how beautiful pregnancy is.

Good luck!!