Saturday, April 19, 2008

moooo & thank you

Any advice for engorgement? Call me or email, please, wise mommies. I know I was feverish, etc. with L. but I don't remember being this bad. Little Zora is a great nurser, but I think I produce for twins. Ice, hot showers, massage on the "lumps" has been done. I'm trying not to pump so much so that I don't keep over producing.
And now for the thanks. My family came in & helped a lot. Thanks so much to you, family!! I love you! We wish that we were closer!
And to my wonderful hubby...thanks to you for taking over so much. I love you & I'm excited to begin this new journey with you.

6 comments:

Barclay said...

i love you, too!

Jessie said...

My cousin swears by putting fresh cabbage leaves on your engorged, well, let's not get too technical here, but you know what I mean. She said it worked wonders for her, and was recommended by her OB.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to nurse Meagan and the only thing that helped was the bags of frozen peas. It was better than ices because they conformed without being too cold.

Congrats on your beautiful new addition Sonya and family!

Tanya

Jessie said...

P.S. When Calvin saw the pics of Zora and family, he said: "Can we go visit them? I really want to!"

Jackson said...

Sonya,
Parsley is a diuretic... it will cut down on the milk production, but be careful to go sparingly until you see results.. also, oatmeal is a milk producer... be mindful of what you are eating & drinking as that may have a greater effect than just Zora nursing.
~Kate

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Hi- I'm popping over from Becky's blog, and just wanted to say that I feel your pain! :(
All I can say is, it will pass, as I'm sure you already know. And the best thing to do is nurse on demand! God bless you during this precious time...