Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mary Poppins yells at her children sometimes

Mel's comment cracked me up. Girl, I hope my kids don't remember me loosing my mind over the past two weeks & only remember the "Mary Poppins" in me! Things have gotten MUCH, MUCH better since we moved to a hotel (I am thanking God for hotel Lech daily!). It's clean, only a 5 min walk to meals & has two twin beds & a fold out sofa in one room, which means we can all be together at night (althogh the sofa isn't too comfy, so we end up with a "boys" twin bed & a "girls" twin bed, but hey, it's a real bed! Also, there is a tub! This was a welcomed surprise bc they mostly have tiny showers with a hand held sprayer, which is okay for grown-ups, but a little cold for kiddos. And this leads me to...I know why NOT to drink the H2O here. Y'all have to see the color of this stuff. It varies from brown to green. Reminds me of good ol' Macomb & our boil orders when the pipes were being replaced! (See the old post "Our own 3rd world country").
Thanks for all the kind & supportive words & prayers. It really means a lot. I got all teary just reading all your comments. I really didn't know if we'd have access to the web here so I left my camera stuff at our dorm in Kielce, but as soon as we return (weekend), I'll post some pix. So much to tell about! B. is running the Warsaw marathon & the kids & I are going to stay "home" & try to get more familiar with our city. We have an awesome "shepherd' from the university who will help us as we need, I'm sure, so I'm excited to get back & get settled.
Thanks again for all your well wishes. We are keeping our heads above water now, so to speak, & trying to take it all in....

2 comments:

The Penter Family said...

I'm glad things have gotten a little better. At least you have your own space now. It will keep getting better from here...

A Journey of Memories said...

Sonya and Family,

God love you guys! I have been reading your husband's blog and it seems as though so far your adventure has been full of obstacles. I am sure everything will come together for you soon and an in a few months (or perhaps longer) you will fondly remember this time with your family. :) Keeping you guys in my thoughts and just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed reading about your great adventure.

Sarah.