Monday, June 29, 2009

mommy's work (out)...

On Tuesdays & Thursdays I teach a Zumba-like class at the Y. We call it "Latin dance" so that our little Y won't be sued for my not having a Zumba certification. For those of you who have asked what Zumba is, here's a cute news story about it. I'll try to post some of my dances sometime. We usually dance in the gym, but since it has been so darn hot, we moved to the Studio last week & it was much cooler! I also loved having the mirrors so I could see all of us dancing together. Everyone looked so great doing the "older" dances (the ones we've been doing for a month...so everyone knows them). I really enjoy teaching this class & it's an extra workout to yell-think-count-clap as well as dance in front of 30 people! :)
On Wednesdays & Fridays I teach a pilates class, which I use as more of a yoga-pilates-with some ballet class. :) I love it even more. The options for things to do in there are endless. Here's a video (or a few videos....depending on how this posts) of some things we do. And another...of one of my fav moves for balance. I also like to bring elbow to knee at belly & finish with some balance work by rotating arm-leg out even with shoulder-hip during this one. (watch it, you'll see.) I'll have to post some of those classes, too. I am a huge believer in this kind of "exercise" for everything from post-baby recovery to spine alignment to balance...you name it. Go forth and move it, my friends! The more I do the better I feel...honestly.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, Sonya, how I wish I were closer so that I could take your awesome classes! You have so much energy in your daily life, I can only imagine how much fun you are in front of a gym/studio of dancing ladies!! I like to move-it move-it, too, but currently, Aurelia hasn't been going to bed until dark, so I have been trying to do silent (to the neighbors below) aerobics in my living room. An extra challenge!! Someday I will have a gym-buddy and be all svelte again!