Monday, May 25, 2009

Zora (middle name "danger")

T-R-O-U-B-L-E... or Zora, either will do.

Lately we can't leave the small one alone for 1 minute....er, make that 30 seconds.
Here is why.
She is climbing & getting into everything!
And now for the description of pix I left out...
Zora standing on... the stool, Langston's CD player, the coffee table, inside the dishwasher, & finally on the back of the sofa (yikes! hardwood floors). She has yet to have a hard fall, so I guess that's why she continues to "test the waters" so to speak.
Also, at L's hair cut last week, I kept her on my hip, but she wiggled & flailed like crazy to get down. Well, at some point I was finding those "long leftover hairs" on L. & asking the stylist to clip them, when Z. started screaming like crazy. I held her out in front of me & checked her over. I couldn't find any marks, so I looked around where she had been (on my hip) & there were 3 hot curling irons! I was pretty sure she had grabbed one, so I rushed her to the bathroom & ran cold water over her hand & arm (the one that would've touched the hot). For two days I didn't notice anything, but then a huge blister formed on her pinky finger. I felt awful, but I was holding her when it happened!
I think this one might be my dare devil. She sure loves trouble so far! :)

Zora & L just before the "Zora on the back of the sofa" incident. Ah, but she learned that from L.
Above is Zora teaching big brother a thing or two. Poor L. popped open his bottom lip helping me clean up. (his "Brad Pitt" lip, as I have dubbed it bc it's enlarged from being popped open several other times & now has scar tissue)
She (somehow) scooted herself under the little blue table, while still in the toy bin & got stuck.


And now we have a series of pix...

"Hi, mom! Watch this!"


down comes the diaper bag...out comes everything inside. She stopped to read the two books that were in there.
...but it didn't slow her down for long.

And now for "bad example Zora" photos. She loves to get out this one certain drawer in our room, empty all my work-out Ts & sit in the drawer. (What is thrilling about that, Z?)
This day, L. joined in. And I had my friend, Tara and her daughter, Emily, over for the morning. Sweet Emily finally gave in to temptation & joined her pal in "the drawer." :)

3 comments:

The Penter Family said...

I feel your pain... even though Colton is not to the point that Zora is yet. That kid is into everything!

Jessie said...

Isn't she the little spunky girl?! How funny. I didn't really see that coming. Cute little stinker, though!

:)

Singlemomma said...

Hey Sonya,
We had fun with your little ones today too. I posted Carlie's news before I updated all the pictures. I added to it...you'll have to check it out again.
Talk to you soon,
Christine