Thursday, March 5, 2009

ames part 2

L's "face pancake" at IHOP. He was SO proud. :)
Stuffing desert down after a yummy meal. :)
milk that is local, with no hormones, chemicals, & non-homogenized. What more could a kid ask for?


We stayed with Don (it would've been "Don & Pat," but the Pat part of the team was out of town visiting friends;) on our trip back. Don is a dad of four & granddad of many, so he had the routine down. He was very helpful.
When we lived in Ames, we went to church with Don & Pat and they were our primary babysitters. (Surrogate grandparents, I like to call them...much like Sam & Bonnie in Gainesville. :) Poor Pat even endured one of Langston's medicine created poo blow-outs while I was doing a training session for the shelter where I volunteered. Thankfully I showed up in time to tell her, "Let's just throw away the sweat suit & bathe him." I remember that I didn't get to eat lunch on the lunch hour that day bc I was cleaning poo! :)
Another important "Don & Pat" topic is that of mac-n-cheese. They knew what they could always feed L.! He knew that he'd get his pasta there. So, one day I said, "Langston, how would you like to go see Don & Pat?" He replied, "Mac-N-Cheese?!" ;)
Oh, and we had two failed attempts at owning fish. The first fish's name...."DonandPat." (All together now...as one being.)
Thanks so much, Don & Pat, for opening your home to us!!
**I posted a scrapbook page of some of our old church fam in Ames. D & P are pictured, as are Mary Jane (hi, Mary Jane! I enjoyed our visit, as always!), and Karen, L's first "paid" sitter.

1 comment:

Bekki said...

The IHOP pancake makes me want to sing the "Bananapus" song. (Denny's commercial making fun of IHOP)
For a second I thought you might have gone crazy letting L eat a dessert after his pancake but then I noticed the dessert was on a Chili's table. :o)
I am glad y'all had fun! L looks so young in the scrapbook pic!!