Tuesday, October 21, 2008

When the leaves change color


When I was little, I remember thinking, and saying to my dad, my birthday comes when the leaves change color! Fall has been my favorite season since I can remember. I missed the changing of all things green when we were in Gainesville. I remember Mel taking all kinds of pix when she & Dais came to visit us in Iowa. I know she misses the seasons changing, too. (Sorry, Orlando mama!) It's pretty nice right now in Macomb. My birthday has come & gone (Oct. 4th), but one of my favorite holidays in right around the corner (dressing up is the best...I've always wanted to be "cookies & milk" with someone). :) I think that the crisp air, falling,crunchy leaves, & all the awesome colors make me slow down a little & take in some of the more peaceful, simple blessings. And, at the same time, I feel excited for all the fun things about fall: football, holidays, warm clothes, hot drinks, lots of blankets. Having cheered for years in school, I can honestly say that I still miss the smell, sounds, & feel of a stadium. There is nothing like it. (Another reason why Barclay married me, I guess. I feel some small part of his sports insanity.) I hope my kiddos enjoy school & participating as much as I did. Lots of special memories are brought back when I hear a loudspeaker on a football field & smell a concession stand...especially if there's a little chill in the air. Ahhhh. Fall.

No comments: