Tuesday, October 14, 2008

first taste of veggies



Miss Zora just had her first taste of "squaRsh," as some of our fam might say. :)(I know I said it in the video, but please note that we don't really say that in our home, unless we're joking around, then we might say, "uncross yar lags! fix me some aggs! I love fried okree! But don't get me wrong I [heart] my accent.)
Enough of the dialect jokes...
Zora gagged a lot 'til I mixed in some rice cereal, then all was well. Next up...sweet potato! I follow "the rules" on feeding pretty closely, so expect all the expected on my baby's intro to the foods. (Coming soon: green beans, apples, pears...with a 3 day trial of each.)
Grandmom Key was present to present (fun play on words) the yellow yum-yums. Enjoy!

Someday I'll write about how I dislike hearing my "twang" on videos. I remember that my dad wouldn't even leave his voice on our home answering machine when I was little. He didn't like "hearing himself" either. I think he's gotten over it, though. Maybe after 50-or-so years the little things aren't worth worrying about, huh, dad?

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I've been missing your posts! Welcome back.
Aw, is she ready for solids already? Time flies.

What? I LOVE hearing your twang. I find it endearing, and it helps me remember my Sonya Friend. Besides, it's cool in a Holly Hunter sort of way - love her!

My kids always loved squash and sweet potatoes, then hated green beans. Applesauce and bananas went over well, too. Good luck!

The Penter Family said...

thanks for your sweet comment. you really don't need to get me a gift!

actually, our house is for sale, so we never actually did a nursery for him. he has been sleeping in a little pack n play in our room for now.

but, i am getting SICK of all his stuff taking up random places around the house. so, if this offer doesn't go through on our house this week we are setting up the nursery at the end of this month! i'll keep you posted.

i enjoyed your video of z eating solid food. this will sound sappy, but it was good to hear your voice.