Friday, February 15, 2008

Athens, Georgia







Barclay and I took a (very) short trip to Athens over Christmas break. As we are with most SEC schools in fun college towns, we were suckers. We fell for the scene. We hiked around campus till my tummy muscles ached (which didn't take too much, considering), and had some friends, Alison & Fred, open their home to us, so the stay was free. As we do, we hung out way too much in ye ol' downtown bookshop. Our dough was spent on books and great food, but we had a blast. It was good to spend time with just the hubby and not have to put little L. to bed or get up 5 times during the night with him. (Grandmom and Grandad kept Langston. He only cried at night...probably from being tired as much as missing mommy.) Our "freedom" reminded me of that one whole year and nine months I once got to spend with my beloved (before my other beloved came along). Someday, we'll get to do "just us" things again. That's what retirement is for, right? Oh, and our pix consist of me snapping a sign that began with, "y'all" (I MISS the South!), our pose with "the tree who owns itself," Barclay on the field where the first college football game was played, and B. under "the arch." There's also one of us eating dinner on New Year's Eve at Farm 255, an organic, grow-their-own-food place that was too yummy.

1 comment:

melanie said...

I LOVE THE SIGN! So funny. I could hear you reading it and laughed.