Sunday, August 29, 2010

BumGenuis & more

Now that we are "potty trained," it's time to say goodbye to our cloth diapers.  We've loved them through two babies & lots of money saved.  Please contact me if you want to give these awesome dudes a try. 
I have 8 BumGenuis brand (in white, mint, pale yellow, & baby blue) all w stuffers.  And all "one size," so they'll fit from a 7/8ish lb. baby to about a 30ish lb. baby.  (I used them for L. and Z. at the same time!)
I also have 1 Haute Pockets (in bright yellow) w both stuffers.
zora w a "double stuffed" booty :)

If you haven't tried cloth before, I'll give a quick review...
These are as easy as a disposable to use.  Just stuff a stuffer in the middle of the diaper & diaper the baby (these have velcro tabs, just like disposables).  If your baby is tiny, pre-adjust the diaper to his/her size by snapping down some snappies (across the front of the tummy) to make the diaper smaller.  You can also "double" the stuffer inside so that it is smaller (it comes w a snap, too). 
here's langston showing off a bumgenuis adjusted for a 30 lb. toddler who only wore diapers when napping. :)
When soiled, toss these into a container w a lid (I added some vinegar) & then launder w a tiny amount of detergent, but NO FABRIC SOFTENER.  You can also dry them on low, but NO DRYER SHEETS.  **there are whole websites devoted to cloth diapering, so go to the web w questions.
That's it.
Let me know if you want to try them!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

If no one nearby wants them, I'd love to give them a try for Eli! I'd be happy to pay a little something - at least shipping! Let me know.