Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mommies, mommies, mommies!

Happy Mother's Day, all you moms! When we were in Poland, I think I missed YOU the most. My mom friends. I barely survived w out you. :) When life changes from "all about me" to "all about this tiny person in my arms," I think we all search out people who have the same view on life. It hasn't mattered which state (or country) we've moved to, I've been blessed to find other moms (from all over the world) who mom like me (or give me something to strive for). I've found moms to confess to, laugh with, depend on, help out, and share in this life of rearing and loving our babies together. I'm so thankful for this "village" of amazing people (esp. the moms) who are rearing our kids together. I love you, ladies! I hope you have an amazing day & feel so loved!

A post-library playgroup lunch date.

More lunch in the park.
And below are some "what we've been up to" pix...

I tried to do an "ice cream after lunch" run, but...
she didn't make it through this cone...too close to nap-time. :)
Yea, this was a mess!
An attempt at a shot of all three of us...
While Tim is in Turkey (hi, Tim!) and Emily works for a couple of hours, L. and Z. got to play w some of their fav pals, Sumner & Zoe!
Langston had to be in the girls' pic...
Zoe and Zora in their tutu-suits. :)
Two super spidees.
Our "around town" outfits. :) We went everywhere w them dressed like this a couple of days ago.
My wonderful mother's day gift this year...my Japanese Maple! I remember babysitting some absolutely sweet girls (Hi, F.J. and Em!) and spending lots of time in their backyard w this amazing Japanese Maple. Since then I've thought I would like to have some red-hued beauty in my yard someday.
A shot of all my cuties in Po-land.
I had a horrible cut on my foot...Zora needed to match. :)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

You're still one of the mommy examples I think of most. I've always loved the kind tone you use to talk to your kids. I admire the respect and love you show those little ones, and it helps me be better at that. So, thanks! And happy mother's day to you.