Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, dear Zora!


My sweet, little gal turned two-years-old today! Two years ago (and thirty minutes...as I type this) I pushed that puffy-cheeked baby out with a wonderful doula (Thank you, Tammy) and supportive team otherwise (Thanks to Sherrie, my midwife, Barclay, who didn't throw up, but did get told to "sit down before you pass out" and my mom, who cried but filmed the birth anyway.) :)
I am thankful that I got to join the throngs of women who birthed babies exactly how I wanted. (Which for me was no drugs, i.v. or intervention of any kind.)
I'm thankful for my experience and for my two little people, who give me daily experiences to be happy about (or wish upon my enemies...code browns, vomit in the face...okay, I'm not really wishing it on anyone...maybe just wishing it away from me!)
I've had a fun day w those two so far & hopefully it'll continue into the evening. Five loads of laundry down as Zora sleeps...and mopping awaits.

3 comments:

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Zora Bean!

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

IT'S TIME TO BLOG AGAIN SONYA! Get to it!

Leanne said...

Langston in a tie! And Zora in a tutu! I love it!!! Happy Birthday Zee!