Friday, April 30, 2010

belated Easter post



We began our Easter festivities about a week early at a retirement home in Macomb. Joanna told me about a hunt there, so I dressed the kids up & we went. The kids had fun and I made them talk to and thank many of the residents there, so I hope they had fun, too. :)


Above is Langston's "God picture," as he called it. It's a hill w 3 crosses, one big & two very small & faint. I think this art was a result of a lot of Easter talk...We dyed eggs this year..."like a family." Which meant that Zora "helped" and broke a few shells causing her brother to have a meltdown a few times. ;) She also ate (!) the one he made at school. Overall, I think we had fun w our eggs. It was just really messy.We were invited to worship w the Grahams & Dunlaps, and since we are currently looking for a home church (I feel like we've done this for a million years at this point), we joined them.
The Dunlaps (Hunt, Jill, Laura & Sarah pictured above) also invited us to join their group for lunch & an egg hunt. I brought an award winning broccoli casserole (at least according to my cookbook & mother-in-law :) and we had sweet potato casserole, ham, mashed potatoes and more that I can't remember by now. :) It was all very yummy. We had a great time at the service. There was even a play for the kids (by the kids) before the egg hunt at church. L really enjoyed that. He asked some detailed questions later (he never fails in the details of theology). Zora, Zach & Joanna are among some of the egg hunters in this pic...This was the best we could do for a family photo. :) Yes, those are Gator Easter baskets!A *rare* display of PDA from Ralph & Joanna! :)Sweet kiddies. Langston was so excited...which meant Zora was, too! the Graham boys w the Key kids. Look how tall Andrew is! I couldn't believe how much those boys had grown when we got back from Poland. :)

All the kids after Easter lunch. Jill-n-girls made such a cute bunny cake!

The daddies hid the eggs (including sprinkling some way down low on one side of the house for Zora), and all the kids had a certain number of eggs they could hunt (so the bigger ones didn't take them all). I think they all had a blast...maybe even the daddies. :)




Checking out the "loot." We spent the afternoon w everyone. Zora took a late nap, which I try not to do too often at all, but it was worth it. :) Thanks so much, Jill & Hunt, for hosting!













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Easter post. The pictures are wonderful. I can not believe we have proof that Joanna hugged her husband! ;)