Monday, January 25, 2010

Jodi Pic-goal

Do any of you bloggy buddies read Jodi Picoult? (My Sister's Keeper was based on her book; The Tenth Circle is another movie made after her book of the same name.) I have a "goal" to read all her stuff (& I know she has a new one coming out this year) & I think I'm only one away from doing so. If you read her, do you have a fav? One you didn't like? And who else do you read? I've got to start a new addiction. :) And I enjoy reading "all" of what people write...however disappointing some turn out to be. (Nic Sparks rocks in some; not so much in others.) I heart Frank McCourt's (3 book) series. Check it out for those of you who haven't. (The movie Angela's Ashes is based on one of the three books in that series.)
What are you reading?

5 comments:

The Penter Family said...

LOVE Jodi Picoult... although I wasn't a fan of The Tenth Circle at all. My favorites were My Sisters Keeper and Nineteen Minutes. Both VERY good!

Jessie said...

I also get stuck on an author. My fave is Orson Scott Card's Ender stuff and Alvin stuff.
Lately I've been reading all of Lois Lowry's books (The Giver, Gathering Blue, etc). Love it.

But my latest is stuff about the brain/body connection and the dominance factor. I rarely do non-fiction, but it's bee really cool, and I think you'd like it. Have you heard of Brain Gym? It's along those lines - teaches you how different people learn and teaches you and your kids little exercises and things to do to keep your brain using the correct hemisphere connections, etc.

Anonymous said...

I want to read Suze Orman's books--just have to buy them! Just got done reading Cesar Milan's "A Member of the Pack", "Be the Pack Leader" and one other one. Do you see a pattern? Not a big reader just to read, more to learn and how to books. Always love a good Newsweek magazine while waiting for others. Can you guess who I am?

Barclay said...

Naomi Klein, THE SHOCK DOCTRINE: THE RISE OF DISASTER CAPITALISM

Kelly said...

Hi Sonya! Before Tyler was born and I had time to read, I was really into Francine Rivers' Christian fiction. I have to preface this by saying that I hardly ever read Christian fiction because I find a lot of it to be trite. However, the Mark of the Lion trilogy was one of the best things I have ever read. It is set right after the fall of Jerusalem and centers around a Jewish girl who has converted to Christianity. She is captured during the seige and sold as a slave to a pagan family in Rome. This is a very compelling story that really gets to the heart of what it means to love God with all of yourself. My mom has read them too, as well as Jessi and my sister in law. We culdn't put it down. If you want to read it on the computer for free, I can give you the code to check it out from the public library where Janna's mom works. You can download it for two weeks. My faith was increased by reading this. Plus, the history is really interesting. Miss you lots!!!! Kelly