Wednesday, January 27, 2010

almost home...


It is official. We have around 30 days 'til we arrive back in Macomb! I am so excited! Our internet here is *once again* pretty much not working at all and I know how silly this sounds, but I depend on ".com," as Langston used to say.
When we're home, I can pick up the phone or jump in the car, but here I have to sign on to feel connected. (Punny, I know.) Not to mention all the "wedge-a-cational" things we usually google. When L. wants to know if a certain animal eats veggies or meat, how crayons are made (sesame st. has a really cute clip of this, btw), or whatever, we look it up...via the web.
I will be SO happy to: drive, use my dryer (& washer), get back into a work-out mode, cook in a REAL kitchen w my REAL pots & pans & stuff, visit w all my friends, scrapbook, go to the library, sleep in a real bed, put my kids down in their real beds, have more bks. to choose from (B. refuses to read any more "potty bk." or grumpy ladybug), host or go to playgroups, teach my classes at the Y, shop at our stores (I miss you, Hy-Vee, Vitamin Lady, Kid's Kastle...), eat dinner w friends, hang out in my big living room, take a bath in a REAL (albeit pink) tub, flip through my mail (since we only get some of the mail that is sent to us here...& some of that has been opened already!) & even clean my house! Ah! An ode to home! :)
And while I'm pining away about my love for all things dear to me in Macomb, I will say that I'm glad we spent all this time together as a family. I have really enjoyed having B. here w us more & the little travels we've done w the kids...mostly bc we've done so much as a "team." B. has really grown into his daddy-ness. Zora even calls herself "daddy's baby." :) We will look back on this experience & laugh (I might cry a little, too) someday. I'm glad we did all this together...and of course, I'll be happy to get back home together, too.

3 comments:

Tomasz said...

It seems that my comment/explenation to your post must be given.

Our west device, the same that you were using and the same which is located in leisure part of the students club, was shutted down because of this event : http://www.wici.info/Kalendarz,farben_lehre_no_wlasnie,13465.html
It was a rock concert, and manager of the students club didn't want to risk any damage of our device during that night. She has turned it off and didn't switch on when the weekend was over.

In addition, I was sick for a few days and I didn't go to work, and it seems that there was not enough "pressure" on my boss that he choose another employee to do that work for me. Yesterday, when I finaly tried to go there and make it work it turns out that someone from this club has taken the keys to that room and I wasn't able to get there.

So you see, it is things on which I have absolutely no influence.

For now works only the east device. I'll try to get there once again in thursday.

One more thing. Especially because of you and spanish students we have bought (3 weeks ago) external wireless antennas, more powerfull than the originals. But before we can mount them on walls some paper works must be done, some administrative tasks must be done and we are still waiting... There's nothing like bureaucracy.

I hope that, when we do that, all whinings and complains will stop. :)

Your network admin

Anonymous said...

Sis, I smiled reading THIS post.:)
You ALL have grown as a family from this grand adventure! But I must say I prefer talking to you on the cell phone. Skype from Poland SUCKS!! We will be counting the days!! Mom

LMG said...

I don't know if I am jealous or not! January has been such a struggle for us with the cold and being cooped up so much. We are longing for home! But I am hoping that this spring and early summer will be fabulous here and will make it worthwhile! Feb 9th marks our "half way" point! We have been so blessed to meet your family through this adventure!! And I mapquested Macomb to Olathe--only five hours :)!!!