Tuesday, August 11, 2009

swim lessons





L-town has been "swimming" since babyhood (thanks, pool across the street from Diamond Village :). He had his 1st lessons at 7 months. His most recent lessons were at the Y with a great teacher, Joe, who had a personality to match L. He was calm, positive, motivating, & made L. feel safe. By the end of class Langston was really swimming! He prefers to have the bubble, but now he'll go all by himself sometimes, too. The only thing he wasn't into was diving off the board. He wouldn't even jump! That's okay! We'll get there someday!
Zora also had "lessons," which of course were more like do songs with a parent, blowing bubbles, & playing in the water. She liked it sometimes & sometimes she wanted to play with L. or get out (they were in the pool at the same time). I know we'll keep doing lessons with both of them and so far I'm happy to report there is no fear of water in our fam. :)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Aw, they're such cute little water babies!
I never had a swim lesson in my life and I love the water. I think I was just born a fish. I spent tons of time in the water as a kid and just figured it out somehow.

However...I DO plan on my kids having lessons. They had lessons in Iowa and kind of hated them. They liked the water, but they were shivering 5 minutes into it, and couldn't warm up enough to enjoy it. Now that they're older, it should be a blast (but it will have to wait until next year, since I'm not dragging my tiny baby to a pool).

I'm proud of L. for really swimming! That's awesome.