Tuesday, August 18, 2009

so far, so good...the story of an egd & a colonoscopy


this is me signing "ok" on my belly (lookin' good...i've been in those p.j.s for a day or so)

Barclay took me Springfield this morning & I got scoped down the throat...& up the rear end. The prep was pretty awful (24 hours of clear liquids, then the "clean you out" gallon of stuff to drink), but I survived. I don't remember anything about the procedure, except that it took 3 people to get in i.v. in my dehydrated veins (the anesthesiologist actually finally did it). But then B. laughed at me when I asked the same questions 8 times on the way home. :)
So the conclusion to all my vomiting & pooping & pain ever couple of months is still up in the air. The dr. took some biopsies bc she couldn't find anything that looked strange. Hopefully I'll finally get an answer...before we go to Europe.
My folks are here (again! Thanks, mom & dad) & the kids are having a blast. We'll see how great tonight goes with a small breastmilk bottle for my super nurser. She passed out at naptime without a feeding, but I wasn't here. Now Mommy & "the goods" are hanging around, but she can't have any of it, so it's hard for her. Poor Z. Maybe this will be the last time she misses a feeding bc of mommy's tummy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad to hear that they didn't find anything serious. I can also attest that the scopings are miserable. I had to go through that back in high school when I was having problems, too. I hope you get to feeling better before your leap across the pond!