Saturday, June 7, 2008

First day of Preschool

My big boy just started pre-school! He will be going on Tues. & Thurs. Although I am happy to have more time with Zora & proud of him, I have mixed feelings about not seeing him for 2 days a week. I'm sure some other mommies can relate.
He did GREAT on his first day (the only day so far). He even took a nap there (during nap time...on his cot...with his special blankie). Barclay took him & picked him up. He said that Langston bounded into the classroom & joined right in with a teacher & another kid who were already playing at a table. We it was time to go home, L. had to think about whether or not he really wanted to leave! I'm so proud of his grown-up nature. He's very self-assured...my little joy of a guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel you on this one! Meagan has always been in daycare so I don't have the missed time with her (I ALWAYS wish I had more). However, she has a new teacher who has really started the 3 yr olds on preschool curriculum. Meagan can trace all of the letters of the alphabet and can free hand several of them. She is learning to read, too, and it freaks me out that she will be 4 in October. In CA, they start school if they turn 5 before Dec 31 of a given year so this is my last year for her to be my baby. She'll start school Fall 2009. She is growing up WAY too fast.

It's an adjustment for everyone but I know L (and u) will do great! I love your blog!