Monday, June 14, 2010

Strawberry Strut 2010: L's first run

above: father-son moment as Barclay pins on L's number. :)

I've been posting a little on my fb profile, but I am having trouble w the new computer & loading all 600ish pix I have on my camera. :) Here goes...

Last Saturday was Langston's first one mile race! This is a third generation tradition as of now...the whole running thing. :) I can't say that I'm that good at it, but every once in a while I *try* to run w my husband. Recently we've done a few "family" runs where we borrow our neighbor's jogger & each of us pushes a kid. L. will hop out & do a mile or so (he runs 1/4 or 1/2 here & there). But I'm only good for a couple of miles, so B. can't use me for his marathon training too much. ;)
Anyway, this race was L's 1st attempt at a full running (paced by dad) mile. He did great! He ran it in about 11ish min. and placed 2nd in the 5-yr. old division (okay, so there were only 3 runners). We were really proud of him! He really jogged or ran the whole way (aside from a shoe-tying incident & desire to stop after that).
Zora "ran" around...even in the downpour between races (L's 1 mile & B's 5 mile). And our sweet neighbors, Brian & Shasta were there (Brian ran, Shasta & I stayed w the babies).
Barclay did well in his race, too. He finished 1st in his age group.
We have another "race day" in a couple of weeks & the boys are already excited.


pre-race happy guy! he had "butterflies" the night before.

look at my little guy in the mix at the start!

I caught a great one of the boys running by! that's my neighbor, brian, helping w zora.
finish line!

just after...
zora getting soaked!
langston getting his ribbon.
the proud face.
mama & her babies
my little loves...

No comments: