Thursday, June 17, 2010

recent stories: see my mouth?, yoga feet and peace

Zora-n-snail

Lately, when we ask Zora, "Can you say __ (whatever word or phrase we're trying to teach her)?" and she feels it's a toughie...too tough, she replies, "I can't say it." Then she proceeds to open her mouth and stick out her tongue and say, "See? See my mouth?" (As if to say, "dude, there is no possible way those sounds are coming out of here!") Ha! My girl!Zora w her mouth full of toy farmer....and face w "whiskas"...or at least that's what she said they were when I found her marked up. :)

In other news I've been teaching kids' yoga classes & they are going really well. My "parent-tot" class is ages 4 & 5, which = tons of energy. :) The older kids (ages 7-13) is an all-girl class. They are super attentive, cooperative and ready to practice. I love it! I was a tiny bit worried about the competition or having some "attitude" (you never know what you'll get w tweens & teens), but they are excellent. I'm thinking about asking to do this class in the fall bc it's so fun. (And it's FULL!)
Yoga story...
At one point we were spreading our fingers out & a mom (in the mom-n-me class) looked at my feet and asked, "Are we supposed to spread our toes, too?" I LAUGHED and said, "No, girl! Those are just my big spatula feet! They are awesome for balance though!"
(I am 5'4", 125-130 lbs. and have a size 9 shoe. No joke. I can stand on one of those dudes all day. :)

My friend, Jess kept the kids one morning while I taught class.(Thanks SO much!!) As we left, Langston thanked them, then said, "C-ya...and [flashed a peace sign]." Crazy guy. I dig his hippie ways.one of our many giant worms here in IL


Langston, at "crazy hat day" on his last day of preschool. (boo-hoo

1 comment:

melanie said...

That is so sweet about Zora. What a precious girl. and so funny.

Hey, I love your feet. And do I see skinny jeans on you? Look at you being so fashionable...and not tellin me. YOU HAVE TO KEEP ME IN THE LOOP...are we wearing skinny jeans? I need to know. :)